Monday, April 15, 2013

The US is Calling


The countdown to stateside has official begun. 

Dick Day, regional director of Peace Corps West Africa, approved my request to leave Togo June 25, 2013. 

In these last couple of months, I have and will continue to tie up loose ends (work-related), eat as much Togolese food as possible, and enjoy the company of my closest friends in Dapaong.

I intend to leave Dapaong on June 18. Administration requires three full days in Lomé to complete official paperwork, do a final physical examination, and return government property (i.e. bike, water filter, medical kit, etc).

Once I return to the U.S., I will spend roughly four days in New York City until I head to Florida for a family reunion (and a great welcome home!) around Independence Day. Then…it is NEW YORK CITY again, Baby!

Look forward to seeing friends and family soon!! It has been too long.

Lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment